This class will prepare each participant with the skill sets necessary to successfully manage a Customs and Border Protection Focused Assessment Audit process. The focus of this class is centered around the proactive mindset to prepare for a pending Focused Assessment (FA) audit prior to CBP's target selection of your company, to afford each participant the ability to operate in a defensible compliance environment, while optimizing the import supply chain's efficiency and performance. This class will also include best practices on Focused Assessment response and reaction to target notifications received from CBP, as well as common practices of investigation notifications such as Customs Form 28 Request for Information. This class contains a comprehensive presentation for all members of the import supply chain process who are vital components of a successful FA audit management process such as, but not limited to, Compliance managers, logistics and supply chain operations personnel, purchasing department representatives, finance department personnel, risk management team members and Senior Management officials.
- Response of FA notification
- Opening Conference Management
- Company organization chart review
- Senior management commitment
- Compliance designation of authority by senior management
- Focused Assessment Regulatory Audit team communication controls
- Internal self assessment findings presentation management
- Assessment Questionaire and Response
- Procedures presentation format
- Business partners reviews and broker management
- Supervision and control management
- Record retention production upon demand
- Customs valuation supervision and control process
- Compliance committee response management process
- HTSUS classification control demonstration and tie in
- Audit scope management techniques
- Mitigation management and controls
- Compliance Resolution Techniques
- Customs Improvement Plan management
EVENT IS APPROVED FOR 6.5 NEI NCBFAA EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE CCS/CES POINTS*
-- per attendee
continental breakfast, lunch, all materials, reference handouts.
Payment due 2 weeks in advance of class. Cancellations
received more than 2 weeks prior to the class will be
fully refundable. Cancellations received 2 weeks or
less prior to the class will result in a credit for
a future class - valid for one year.
Check or major credit card.